Thursday 20 October 2011

It started with an IGP ...

... and ended with every sewaholics nightmare: a wounded sewing machine! Is it just a scratch? Will it heal by itself? Or could it be the end?

This is my baby <3
It most probably won't heal by itself. It will need some surgery. And out comes the one big problem with the Brother i20 LE. You can't just do the surgery. The problem is that the little "bed" for the bobbin has shiftet about 3 cm. Therefore you can't sew any more. If you wanted to put everything bak where it's supposed to go you'd have to undo two screws. But the screwdrivers that come with the machine are to long and the arm  hangs far to deep. Therefore I'd need to buy a really short screwdriver. But I don't have the funds to buy one right now. Therefore my baby has to stay in it's sickbed for a while.
This is the luggage my baby brought. Notice the screwdrivers?
Until then it will be no sewing and a lot of grumbling for me. On the bright side: I can perfect my new sloper! I had my little sister measure me the day before yesterday and made slopers with those measurements.  Everything but a trouser sloper as I  dissected my favourite pants for that. Unfortunately the measurements don't seem to be correct. Somehow my total bust, hip and waist measurements turned out 10 to 17 cm to large. How did that happen? So anyway I'm back to taking measurements (by myself).

0 comments: