Monday 7 November 2011

A fitting question

For the next pattern drafting step I'd have to use my own sloper. Unfortunately it doesn't fit any more :(A mixture of dancing and stomach flu has caused me to slim down. I didn't actually loose weight. It's more like putting on muscles in the calf, thighs, but, lower abs .... okay everywhere. Even the bottom of my feet!

But I digress. The point is that I feel like I'm wearing this when I put on a "dress" made from my sloper. I nicked the pic from the lovely Marissa at her wonderful blog. You should really check it out if you haven't done so yet. This dress for example gets transformed into the cutest thing ever.
The really important question now: Should I draft new slopers (again!?) and make my skirt pattern from those? Or should I hope to put on weight again and make it from my old sloper?

Oh and just because I love stealing pictures I find on the Internet and sharing them with you. This is what a blogger suggested to put on clothing labels:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this post is nearly a month old, but I just HAVE to meddle... Re-draft. Seriously. I have done that before. I use my clothes as a passive way to maintain my *healthy* weight. I lost a few pounds because I was eating better and walking more, so I likewise slimmed down my clothes and my sloper. It sounds drastic, but it's really not. For a few pounds, you can take it out in the side seams... Maybe try that?

LOVE the clothing label. I agree it should go with clothes. Before I began sewing, I thought "it fits" meant I could shove myself into said garment without bursting the seams.