Friday 27 April 2012

What are you cooking?

Because I actually don't know what I'm going to make. But lets start at the beginning shall we?

 Every morning I eat muesli. With milk of course, but a few month ago I stared to wonder if might be lacorse intolerant. And then I decided to let it get checed out since I was getting really bad stomach cramps after breakfast. The results arrived and I can tell you it's not lactose intollerance. I'm actually allergic to  milk protein. So now I'm stuck with not beeing able to eat any dairy products at all.

It's not quite as bad as it sounds though. I actually like soy milk a lot better than cows. It migth just be my body's way of sighing in relief but it tastes good either way. What I'm really concerned with is cheese. living as a vegetarian for years I don't really know what I should put on my bread. Or how to replace mozzarella (yep, concern number one)! Or pesto for that matter. Does anyone have good milk-free, vegetarian recipies?

Sounds familiar. All of it!
Butterfly

3 comments:

Bri said...

Oh I know a couple ladies who have the same deal, one of them has mentioned she found a specialty cheese shop and they had cheese that wasn't "real" cheese which she said was really good so maybe you can't find some substitutes like that?

Love the name of your blog!

Carolyn said...

I'm sure you will soon feel a whole lot better now you've sorted that out! Good luck with the new eating regime...

Butterfly said...

Thank you! Knowing someone all the way across the world cares makes me feel a lot better :) @ Bri: She probably meant tofu or temphe (not so sure about the spelling here). As a vegetarian I ate a lot of that before too. What really annoys me at the moment is butter. Margarine melting into hot rolls or over potatoes just isn't the same :( I'll find something eventually but it's all pretty new and scary right now.