Friday 20 April 2012

A new dress for me!!! Let's look at what I should be wearing ...

So I have three month until I need a prom dress. That gave me a real kick in the butt to continue contemplating what looks good on me and what doesn't and also what I feel comfortable in because it's just so me :)

So first things first: My body shape! After looking at the photos from my last post again I decided that I'm really more of an hourglass. I'm still confused about the difference though. It seems to me as if a cello is just a plus-sized hourglass but then again they said, that size doesn't matter ... I think the hourglass would have needed a more fitted top to truly show the proportions of her waist. And a better bra. Or it might just be my weirdly high bust that makes me think everyone isn't supported as well as they should be.

But the thing that tipped me in the end was the legs and the high hip. Mine just look more like the hourglass' to me. The hourglass has more rounded calves and the thighs have more weight towards the crotch instead of resembling cut of cones.
The cello's legs (on the left) don't seem to fit mine, the hourglass' come closer to the truth.

The hourglass' high hip is also more dramatic which also more closely resembles mine.
The hourglass' high hip (on the right) seems to flare out like mine does.


So I'm an hourglass. But what the pictures also showed is that my shoulders are squarer and also wider:




This might just be the result of a weird camera angle (photographed by tiny tots), but I know that my shoulders are pretty square. Therefore my primary figure type is an hourglass, my secondary is probably a goblet even though my back is anything but wide. So what does that mean for me?

I'm going to stick to all clothing recommendations for hourglass body types. And I'm going to pick out anything for goblets that I think applies to me. Even though I might just take the hints for cornets instead since they are supposed to minimise only the shoulders and not the bust and I kind of like my bust ;)



0 comments: